Mitchell Tublin, MDProfessor of Radiology
Executive Vice Chair
Chief: Presbyterian University Hospital Department of Radiology
Interest (in 3 to 10 words):
|Education|| University of Pennsylvania, BA 1983
State University of Buffalo Medical School, MD 1988
|University of Pennsylvania|
|Medical / Graduate School||State University of New York, Buffalo, 1988|
|Residency||University of Pittsburgh Medical Center|
|Clinical / Post-doctoral Fellowship||Abdominal Imaging, University of Pittsburgh|
|Current||American Roentgen Ray Society
Radiological Society of North America
Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound
Abdominal Radiology Society
|Clinical Interest||endocrine imaging, hepatobiliary imaging
|Research Interest||Ultrasound contrast agents, renal perfusion quantification, novel techniques for thyroid nodule characterization|
|Selected Publications||1. Tublin ME, Tessler FN, Murphy ME. Correlation between renal vascular resistance, pulse pressure, and the resistive index in isolated perfused rabbit kidneys. Radiology 1999; 213; 258-264.
2. Murphy ME, Tublin ME. Understanding the Doppler RI: Impact of renal arterial distensibility on the RI in a hydronephrotic ex vivo rabbit kidney model. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 2000; 19:303-314.
3. Tublin ME, Murphy ME, Delong DM, Tessler FN, Kliewer MA. Conspicuity of renal calculi at unenhanced CT: effects of calculus composition, size and CT technique. Radiology. 2002; 225:91-96.
4. Tublin ME, Bude RO, Platt JF. The resistive index in renal Doppler sonography: Where do we stand? AJR. 2003; 180: 885-892.
5. Johnson NA, Tublin ME, Ogilvie JB. Parathyroid Imaging: Technique and Role in the Preoperative Evaluation of Primary Hyperparathyroidism. AJR 2007; 188:1706-1715.
6. Tublin ME, Yim JH, Carty SE. Recurrent hyperparathyroidism secondary to parathyromatosis: clinical and imaging findings. J Ultrasound Med 2007; 26:846-851.
7. McCoy KL, Yim JH, Tublin ME, Burmeister LA, Ogilvie JB, Carty SE. Same day ultrasound guidance in reoperation for locally recurrent papillary thyroid cancer. Surgery 2007; 142:965-972.
8. Tublin ME, Martin JA, Rollin LJ, Pealer KM, Kurs-Lasky M, Ohori NP. Ultrasound-guided fine needle biopsy vs. fine need capillary sampling of thyroid nodules: does technique matter? J Ultrasound Med 2007; 26:1697-1701.
9. Tublin ME, Towbin AJ, Federle MP, Nalesnik MA. Altered liver morphology after portal vein thrombosis: not always cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci 2008; Oct; 53(10): 2784-2788.
10. Johnson NA, Tublin ME. Postoperative surveillance of thyroid carcinoma (state of the art review). Radiology 2008; 249:429-444.
11. Tublin ME, Pryma D, Ogilvie J, Carty SE, Yim J, Mountz JM, et al. Localization of parathyroid adenomas by ultrasound and Tc-99m Sestamibi SPECT prior to potentially minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: are both studies really needed. J Ultrasound Med 2009 Feb; 28(2):183-90.
12. Yip L, Tublin ME, Falcone JA, Nordman CR, Stang MT, Ogilvie JB, Carty SE, Yim JH. The adrenal mass: correlation of histopathology with imaging. Ann Surg Oncol 2010; 17: 846-855
13. Nikiforov YE, Ohori NP, Hodak SP, Carty SE, LeBeau SO, Ferris RL, Yip L, Seethala RR, Tublin ME, Stang MT, Coyne C, Johnson JT, Stewart AF, Nikiforova MN. Contribution of mutational markers to clinical management of patients with cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodules. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Aug 31 (Epub ahead of print)
14.Tublin ME, Brown C, Pacella C, Tublin D, Yealy D. Overnight subspecialty radiologist coverage: review of a practice model and analysis of its impact upon CT utilization rates in academic and community emergency departments. AJR 2012; 199: 623-626..
15.Wilhelm SM, Wang TS, Ruan DT, Lee JA, Asa SL, Duh QY, Doherty GM, Herrera MF, Paieka JL, Perrier ND, Silverberg SJ, Solorzano CC, Sturgeon C, Tublin ME, Udelsman R, Carty SE. The American Association of Endocrine Surgeons guidelines for definitive management of primary hyperparathyroidism. JAMA Surg. 2016 Oct 1;151(10): 959-968.
|Division of the year (Abdominal Imaging) 2018-2019.
Pittsburgh Best Docs (Radiology), 2020
|PubMed Publications||See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of medicine.|